Thursday, August 31, 2006

Decatur Daily

West Morgan's Andrew Elliott
Nose to nose with ...West Morgan's Andrew Elliott
In the middle of a busy week of practice and preparing for the season-opener, West Morgan senior linebacker/tight end Andrew Elliott sat down for 10 questions with THE DAILY's Brooke Milam:
Question: You were one of the area's leading tacklers last year with 143 stops. Can you repeat the performance this season?
Answer: I'm going to try to up my numbers. (Fellow senior linebacker) David Allen and I help each other. We compete with each other. Every game we come back and try to do better.
Q: What's the most amazing tackle you've ever seen?
A: The most amazing tackle I've ever seen had to be in a Baltimore Ravens game. Ray Lewis — all of his tackles, really.
Q: If you weren't an outside linebacker or a tight end, what position would you best be suited for?
A: If I wasn't a linebacker I'd probably be a free safety. On offense, I'd probably be a fullback.
Q: What's something you're good at besides football?
A: Basketball. I've played both sports since I was little. I probably started when I was 5. They're different, but desire and love for the game help with both.
Q: What's the last book you read?
A: The book we're reading in English right now. It's about ancient history stuff, Anglo-Saxons.
Q: What goals have you personally made for this season?
A: First, for everybody to play well together. Then to make the state playoffs.
Q: What coach or teammate encourages you the most?
A: David Allen. We kind of keep each other going.
Q: Who's the person who makes you laugh the most?
A: Walter Jones, he's just a silly personality. We play the same position, and he's been my friend since we were kids. We've played together since Pee Wee league and then in middle school and now.
Q: What's usually the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?
A: How I can make my day better than it was yesterday.
Q: What will you remember the most about football besides Friday nights?
A: I guess just all the crazy times down here in the fieldhouse and in the weight room.
Copyright 2005 THE DECATUR DAILY. All rights reserved.
AP contributed to this report.
-->
Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
-->SEE ALSO:
-->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home